Tuesday 4 August 2009

Oh my God !!!

This is So Exciting to read you Soph !!!
I am in my office in Milton Keynes in UK, it’s so cold and raining outside (as always, bloody UK’s weather!!!) but I have the feeling to arrive with you in DR !!!! I can almost listen to the meringue playing :D

Your adventures remind me a really bad experience of mine:
When I was studying in Mexico, I found an internship in a hotel in Cancun. Once I arrived at the hotel, the girl I spoke to over the phone, welcomes me very happy and everything went great until she presented me to her boss as her intern. I don’t know what happened, maybe it was an authority problem between them two, and anyway, I was finally told I couldn't do the internship there anymore. So I started to search for another one like crazy sending CV every where for days. I finally got one in Las Vegas thanks to a friend. I buy my ticket to go there so happy and released… and when I tried to do the check in, the girl at the desk inform me that the US requires a new electronic passport to enter. I had really no idea of the new requirement and was refused to fly. I really didn’t know to do. I was stucked in Cancun with out knowing anyone. Coming back to Europe at the last minute would have been so expensive and I wasn’t sure to find an internship there so I just started to cry!!! I really couldn’t stop. I was crying so much that a guy for the border security asked me to come in their office to calm down because I was scaring out the other travelers. I literally spend the whole day in this office crying. And then magically, a men enter for a problem with his passport, ask me what was wrong with me. I explained him my situation and he offered me an internship in his hotel which was much better than the first one :D

I don’t remember now why I was telling this story … oh yes! Because the moral of this story is:
1) US Immigration rules do suck
2) In bad situations, you get to meet really nice people to make you spend a good time.
3) Always check the immigration requirements before entering a country (even though I am sure this will happen to me again)

Anyways, it seems DS is a really colorful and joyful island! I am so glad that you like it. I really look forward seeing more pictures of your life there: Where you live? Work? Your friends…
Also, I have recently read that diving is great there and that there are Shark Whales!!!!! There are so amazing creatures! I hope you’ll get to know them J There are also some on the west coast of Australia, so when we will do our road trip there you will have to go and see some more AGAIN !!! Life is too hard : D

For my part, I went to the island of Ibiza this week end.



Honestly, my expectations were VERY LOW because I thought tourism would have “killed the spirit of the place”.
But I was positively surprised how cute this island is !!! Of course a lot of people come there to party and go crazy but I found the city of Ibiza very beautiful with its little streets, white houses and old historical buildings.




The interior is very rural, dry, the land is red.


The water is so clear and quiet!!! The Mediterranean is definitively MY sea (even tough I like to make a exception for the Caribbean).

Once again, having the beautiful Baleares islands so close, make me say that Barcelona is definitively the perfect city : )

I miss you very much and think of you every time I hear the commercial for the "Ron Brugal, el ron de los Dominicanos" on Spotify even tough I am pretty sure I am more Dominican that it actually is.

Celine, what are you up to my darling (with the british accent) ??? Shall we take a cup of tea this week end? I really look forward to come back to the "Cuidad Condal" and go out with you!!! See you in a bit!

Take care girls and Soph, make us dream very soon (cain't wait to leave !!!)

Amandine

4 comments:

  1. i am sorry , but an oyster have no future

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is extremely useful.Everyday your diary inspire ME nice deal} and helped to develop one thing new like I actually have developed a replacement app how to get spotify premium free apk november
    : this is often great and pleasurable.Thanks for the awing posts , please keep updated often.

    ReplyDelete